WP Greet Box
This plugin lets you show a different greeting message to your new visitors depending on their referrer url. For example, when a Digg user clicks through from Digg, they will see a message reminding them to digg your post if they like it. Another example, when a visitor clicks through from Twitter, they will see a message suggesting them to twit the post and follow you on Twitter. You can also set a default greeting message for new visitors (not matching any referrer URLs) suggesting them to subscribe to your RSS feed. Professional bloggers know that having these targeted suggestions on their blog increases their blog exposure and loyal readership. Best of all, this plugin is compatible with various WordPress cache plugins so you do not have to sacrifice speed. Even Smashing Magazine is using this plugin. Take it from the pros and download it!
- Show a different greeting message to your visitor depending on the referrer URL. You can add/edit/delete/disable these greeting messages as you choose.
- Greeting messages automatically get inserted into the top of your posts upon activation. There is no need to modify theme files.
- Ability to auto-insert greeting message to the top or bottom of the post.
- Greeting messages can be user closeable or not.
- Ability to detect the visitor’s search keywords from major search engines and automatically display related posts under the greeting message.
- Show a default greeting message even if the vistor does not match any of your configured referrer URL.
- AJAX greeting message in the frontend makes it compatible with caching plugins (such as WP Super Cache) and WPMU.
- AJAX administrative interface that uses nonce verification to discourage hackers.
- Ability to set a timeout to forget a visitor so we do not keep nagging them with greeting messages.
- Ablity to set rules to exclude some referrer URLs from seeing greeting messages. Regular expressions is also supported (but not required!).
- Ultra customizeable greeting message box (with CSS) allowing you to prepend/append HTML around the greeting message box.
- Currently the following referrers are installed by default, but you can easily create your own if your favorite referrer is not on the list!