Setup a Static Homepage
WordPress is known for its ability to be much more than your average blog, and is used by many as a CMS (Content Management System). WordPress has tons of great features that allow users to use it as such. One of these features is the ability to use a static homepage.
A static home page is when you replace the default page – which shows your most recent blog posts – with another page. This is a great option if you want to create a splash page to capture new visitors, and feed them more information.
If you’re interested in having a static homepage to replace your latest blog posts, here is how you do it.
1. Go to the “Pages” tab and pick out or create a new page that you want to be your homepage.
2. Set this page to the “default template”. (Template settings are found under the “Attributes” section in the right side-bar.)
3. Create another new page which will be the new home of your blog posts. Give it a title of “blog” or something similar.
4. Now, go into the “Reading” tab under the “Settings” panel.
5. Choose the option titled “A static page”.
6. Select the page you want to display as your homepage from the first drop down menu.
7. Choose the page you titled “Blog” under the “Posts page” drop down.
8. Save the changes.
There you have it. You now have a more informative static homepage instead of only showing your recent posts.